Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Top Ten Eye-Openers During My Morning Walk with Reilly

10) 20-something woman wearing 1960's electric blue eye shadow from lower lashes all the way up to her eyebrows.

9)  US Senior citizens' tour getting off the bus and they were all the same height...reminded me of the aliens who greeted Richard Dreyfus at the end of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.  Too cute.

8)  Young woman making out (I use this term loosely) with two men on a park bench while the decent world passes by.

7)  Beautiful giant blue hyacinths and white Emporer tulips in a bed at the Jardin du Luxembourg (thank goodness...it offered refuge from the visual assault of # 8).

6)  2 normally nasty Chihuahuas in the garden were actually nice with Reilly this morning.

5)  Quintessential Parisian couple...he wearing plaid madras pants, a red and white striped button down shirt with a pink, red, green and orange paisley tie...she wearing a black suit with a hot pink lining and fluorescent orange blouse...as Austin Powers would say...yeah, baby!

4) Ugly American moment...a young "lady" peeling an orange for a friend on the sidewalk outside a cafe...hollered, "I can't peel your f-ing orange."  To which I promptly said, "Hey Potty Mouth...say it a little louder, they couldn't hear you over at Notre Dame."...4a) She turned the most brilliant shade of red I have ever seen.

3)  The adorable blond, curly locked four year old boy insisting that he cross the street by stepping only on the white stripes in the crosswalk.

2) A woman throwing a man's clothing out her 6th floor window into the tree on Blvd St. Michel.

1) My new friend, the proprietress of The Baker's Dozen greeting Reilly with a kiss on the lips....eww...too cute!

3 comments:

  1. I'm torn between #4(wish I had been there to see you in action) and #2( the lovely visual of his clothes fluttering through the breeze and snagging on the branches) Nothing as exciting happens on my 3 mile walk with Molly except squirrels, chipmunks, and an occasional elegant Blue Heron and the only potty mouth is probably me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In most situations like #4 I usually ask, Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? But Potty Mouth just seemed right at the time.

    ReplyDelete